I’ll keep this update short and bittersweet?
After a whole month off treatment my blood counts haven’t recovered and have somehow continued to drop. I’m feeling a bit more rough than usual these days. We’re going to be doing a repeat bone marrow biopsy September 5th, the day before CCMA’s to see what’s happening inside the bone that is causing this response and make a judgement call on how to proceed from here.
At this point it looks like I have a haematological intolerance to treatment, which If confirmed by the biopsy means I’ll be put on the transplant list and once a match is found, and will start myeloablative chemo and radiation to prepare. I’m still hopeful that something will shift soon and we will find a way to avoid it though!! ??????
I’m still planning on attending CCMA’s since it’s thankfully so close to home this year, and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in person to thank you all for the amazing positivity and support you’ve sent my way. You guys have honestly been lifting me up since the start and I’m so grateful to be in an industry filled with such amazing, caring and positive people. Can’t wait to see you all! If you see me hobbling around please say hi!! ❤️❤️❤️
*Originally Posted on Facebook